NC Child Support Enforcement

It is less expensive than going through an attorney, I do not know if it is easier, but it is not quicker.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I filed through this org. I do not know the turnaround w/ an attorney, but it took me about 60 days from file to court order. I did have an address for my ex, I also knew his income (ironically I cut his paycheck… we worked at the same place). I like having the acct online so i can check payment status. I do sometimes have to call and say, ummmm ex hasn’t paid child support in a few months… they put it on the court calander and notify everyone as to the court date. I have been very pleased. There have been some people who have had bad experiences. I deal with the office in Orange County.

has anyone gone through this? It it an easier way than going through an attorney?