Need assistance


Hey ,
My wife live in Nc , we broke up more then a year ago and i went back to my country israel
Now trying to divorce, most lawyers told both of us astronomic prices , we both so frustrated , i have an address and a resident card , what are our options? We are young and poor , and cannot afford thousands of dollar divorce with no reason .
We have no kids no property no debt , been married for almost 3 years
-can the papers mail easy to me ?
-can i waive all service ?
-should we do publication divorce ?
-default divorce ?

Please help us
Thank you


If you have no marital property to divide, then you can file for an absolute divorce on your own in North Carolina since your wife resides in North Carolina. If your wife does not file an answer to the absolute divorce complaint, then you can have the clerk sign an absolute divorce form which is the equivalent of a divorce by default. All of this could be done via mail.

However, it may be easier if your wife is the one to file for the absolute divorce since she lives in NC. You could sign an acceptance of service so that your wife would not have to serve you be certified mail or process server in Israel.

Check out our Do It Yourself Divorce Guide which you may find very helpful in your situation.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


I can totally understand your situations. A few days ago I remember one of my friend’s father was suffering from dementia memory loss and was seeling for a help an assistance from lawyers. So My neighbor suggested him elder care lawyers a professional from Scott counsel as they guide well and suggested a good decision though.