Need Legal Help and No Funds for It

I need to know exactly who I can contact to obtain someone to talk to about possibly a separation agreement (she is on my medical insurance and afraid she will rack up the costs) and divorce. I do not know when to start prepping for a divorce of anything. I have tried dozens of law schools for probonos. Tried the NC Law site stuff. Tried the court house. I do not have any money for any of this and I am afraid of what my wife is going to do. Again, she has no SS# (the SSA messed up her name when she applied after we got married) or green card (due to not having money yet) last I know, but she may have found ways around that by now.
So, I need straight up to know what to do that is not going to cost me money I do not have. I need to protect myself and my children from her threats and vengeful nature. I need someone to listen to me and to help me.
There is no way around it. My rent is going up again, my pay does not change. I got no car still and I barely get food in the apartment, and I “make too much” before taxes but after taxes, I am barely surviving. How does anyone expect people like me to afford high cost things? Never mind the taxes and school loans I am still paying.
I stayed in the DA’s office during her hearing against the State of NC, because I did not want to see her. I can not look into the eyes of my wife who has done what she did to me. I do not want to face her in the future either. She also has a new one year of no contact on her.
No one seems to understand there are those of us who need real help but can not afford it.
Who can you suggest, or what can I do? I really need to know.
Thank you.

We offer two free Webinars, Divorce Legal and 50 Divorce Tips in 50 Minutes, that you may find very helpful. These webinars will give you lots of information about the divorce process and they are presented multiple times a week.

You can get access to a library of legal forms and communicate with an attorney through our Rosen Online Service. This service only costs $199/month, and would be a great resource for you to handle your separation issues without spending thousands of dollars retaining an attorney.

Our Rosen website also has significant amounts of information and articles that may help you understand the court process and the law.

You can also try your local Legal Aid office, although some offices do not handle separation and divorce issues.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

As stated, I have no money. I mentioned this several times. I am insulted to keep getting pasted messages about paid services. I still do not have a car after 4 months and my job requires on. I have rent going up. I not had food in my home in a week, but I “make too much” before taxes to qualify for help, plus all the taxes they keep taking from me they claim I “owe” them.
The other services are not enough info for my situation, nor time wise not easy.
I need directly a person to help me with everything without charging me anything. Maybe one day can work something out, just not today. I need a lawyer who will work with me with my situation of a wife from another country who is not still legally able to stay in this country.
Thank you for understanding.
Please, anyone, chime in.