Prepping to File, but Need Lawyer

My mate was abusive (for a long time), arrested (my kids were scared), and gone. Been out of contact with her for a year. I just pray she is safe and well, and want her to move on. Do not know where she is. Has no SSN because she came on a visa.
I am already seeking a lot of help and therapy over all this and I am not doing this lightly, and rather wish we could reconcile, but my safety and the childrens’ are priority. Plus been a year so no idea who she is anymore.
I do not have thousands, nor going to try to. I rather someone else try contacting her, or the few friends I know of, to find where she lives so she can be served assuming she is even in this country still.
I need a lawyer who can do this the least expensive for me as I am not rich, nor know any legal stuff. Looking for someone who can do everything with the information I provide, do all court things, and tell me it is done. Pretty much like that, without me contacting her or the few friends to obtain her address. I am stressed and worried as it is.
Who can be recommended for this? I seen some advertising $300-400, but not returning emails or calls on if that is all that is needed or if more, if they will contact the few people to obtain her email (without charging for a PI or something), etc. Others I spoke to want me to pay half a month’s worth of my rent to talk to them, plus more than I can afford a month to do it.
I keep contacting places, posting in boards, and getting a lot of run arounds and no direct answers. So, coming back to these boards to try.
No, I need someone compassionate, understanding, professional, and real to work with me.
Suggestions please who to contact.
Thank you.

Though you would have direct contact with your spouse, our Rosen Online Service provides you access to a library of legal forms and you can communicate with an attorney. This service only costs $199/month, and could be a great resource for you to handle your divorce issues without spending thousands of dollars retaining an attorney.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

So this service will give me access to someone to take care of everything for me?
Along with that, I am pretty much dead in the financial water if not done within a month or two, right, since there is no way to even afford such a rate for three months in a row. I am still eating food from the dollar store.
All I know is that this has to start pretty much soon, so that the filing is under my terms, without wondering if the spouse is going to file with even more false claims and I have to possible find a way tot ravel to another state to defend myself solo.
This just has to get done to protect my children and I need guarantees and someone who knows law stuff to take care of this as law is not what I practiced, nor can understand. I am a layman’s layman.
I look forward to yours, or anyone else’s, followup.
Thank you.

The Rosen Online Service is a way for you to represent yourself but with the benefit of having all of the appropriate forms and templates and to have access to an attorney that you can ask questions as they arise.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.