No response to complaint


My wife did not respond to my divorce petition. The day after the 30th day, my attorney will go ask for a default judgment. Will the judge issue a divorce decree that day, or do i have to go to court? When will the divorce be final? I live in NC and filed in NC. Can she do anything after the 30 days if she didn’t respond? Thanks.



If your wife did not respond there is nothing she can do at this point. Your attorney should file a monition for summary judgment and set the matter for hearing, which can occur ten days after your lawyer sends the notice of the motion for summary judgment to your ex. The divorce will be granted by summary judgment and you will not have to be present in court.