Non signature

Dear cap37:

Greetings. No, your lawyer must file a verified copy of the complaint - which means you must verify that the complaint is true by signing the document (a verification form) in front of a notary. You do not however have to go to your attorney’s office. This is the information age afterall. Your attorney can e-mail you the complaint and verification and you can sign the same and express mail (or regular mail) the original back to your attorney. Happy Holidays!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My lawyer and live in different cities approx 100 miles apart.
It seems that we are having a problem getting together.
Can my lawyer file for a divorce on my hehalf without my signature?