Not married but have kids...moving out of state

If he isn’t supporting them either financially or emotionally as a father, I’d move to terminate his parental rights. It would take away your right to go for child support, but if you aren’t dependant on it now, that wouldn’t be a big loss. If he wants to fight for his rights, then you will have to show, in court, why you’re terminating ( he doesn’t support them financially or emotionally) and if he has made no effort to get to know his kids, chances are you’ll be able to move on with your life. Once his rights are terminated, you will not need his “permission” for anything that has to do with the kids.

[quote]Originally posted by trbotina
[br]If he isn’t supporting them either financially or emotionally as a father, I’d move to terminate his parental rights. It would take away your right to go for child support, but if you aren’t dependant on it now, that wouldn’t be a big loss. If he wants to fight for his rights, then you will have to show, in court, why you’re terminating ( he doesn’t support them financially or emotionally) and if he has made no effort to get to know his kids, chances are you’ll be able to move on with your life. Once his rights are terminated, you will not need his “permission” for anything that has to do with the kids.
[www.wdalaw.com]

my commentes is

I live in brunswick county nc, and I have two children but thier father doesn’t take care of them…has been in and out of prison numerous times,I have moved on, we were never married, but I want to move to NY. They have no clue as to who he is, but he does like to start trouble. I can do this without getting married, or permission?
[?]

shannan suerken