Notice of hearing by mail?

I’m doing an uncontested divorce. No children, no property division. It’s a very simple divorce. My husband already signed his paper. Is that possible that I can get an uncontested divorce in Guilford county without court hearing?
I’m currently out of state, can I submit the Notice of hearing by mail or I have to submit to clerk of court in person?

You should be able to file a notice of hearing by mail.

You will need to mail 3 copies of the notice of hearing along with a self-addressed and stamped envelope so the clerk’s office can return 2 of the filed copies to you. They will keep 1 copy for the court file.

You may be able to get a clerk’s divorce without a hearing, but generally absolute divorces will need to have a hearing before a judge, even if uncontested.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.