Notice of Intent

TANF= Temporary Aid to Needy Families. I do not generally deal with state benefits and so unfortunately I am not certain what this is about. I would suggest he contact the agency that did the withholding and request additional information. My guess is that his ex has received state or federal welfare aid and the state is seeking reimbursement for these costs from him.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank you for getting back to me. He called and they told him that he was in the rears from sometime between 2005 to now. They already took his refund for 2006 because they said he was in the rears. His pay has been attached since his daughter was about 3months old, she is now 34 months old. Again thank you for your time.

Good Morning;

My son received a Notice of Intent to Intercept and Statement of Account, on it states that he owes 526.00 for NON-TANF as of the beginning of the month.

1. what is NON-TANF
  2. his support comes right out of his pay and he is divorced and pays all his daughters medical and the ex is off his insurance.

thank you