Parenting exchange

What do you do when you have an Temp. Custody order that states parents exchange address, and the picking up parents hasn’t giving you that information, and is supposed to pick up the child, leaving the other parent not knowing where the child will be? Help… tis is my situation today.

If one parent is refusing to provide his/her address and it is required to be shared in the court order, and the other parent misses custodial time due to the parent’s refusal to share that information, then the other parent can file a motion for show cause/motion for contempt against the parent refusing to share their address as this would likely be a willful violation of the court order.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.