Paying for representation?

My husband has hired an attorney and surprised me with a separation agreement. Due to maxed out hidden credit cards and late fees, he has left our accounts at near zero balances, so I cannot afford an attorney (I’m a stay at home mom who left work a decade ago to raise two kids - one with autism). His parents are paying an attorney for him! Do I have the legal right to make him provide $ so I can have representation, too?

You can file a claim for attorney’s fees and ask the court award them for pursuing claims for child support, spousal support, and child custody, but you cannot obtain payment for the attorney prior to the actual hiring of one.