Perception of infidelity?

Have you asked her specifically about this? What do you know about this man?

It sounds, to me at least, as though your wife has moved in with another man and that he happens to live with his mother…
Unless this man is homosexual, I would say that it would be safe in presuming that he and your wife are having an affair. If they are not already, it is the next step.
I know that this is not something that you want to hear. but I believe I posted originally that since you admittedly neglected your marriage, your wife may have already found someone that pays attention to her. This “friend” of hers is in the best position to lend her a “shoulder to cry on” and support her the way that she feels you should have been doing. If this friend is male…I can see no other reasoning behind him doing this other than hoping it will lead to something more.
This is strictly my opinion though…but I’ve learned to trust my instincts in these situations. You should learn to trust yours. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck…

You may want to consider hiring a private investigator to see if they can gather evidence of an inappropriate relationship.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780

ROSEN.COM

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Well, she admitted to me last night on the phone that she is/has slept with this guy…

I have been told that he was always at the bar where she works chatting her up before we separated.

I hope that you have gone to Radio Shack and purchased a recorder for your phone. Your next step is to consult an attorney and to find out what your options are.

I’m terribly sorry that your situation has declined…

Isn’t that illegal if the other person isn’t aware of being recorded?

Not anymore. In NC it is legal to record a phone conversation as long as one party is aware that it’s being recorded and both parties are in NC. It can be used in court.

Some things to consider. 1) How long have you been married? 2) How much property is involved? 3) What are the incomes? 4) Is she the dependent spouse? 5) Are there any children? 6) How much marital debt do you have? 7) What is the cost of a private investigator? 8) What do you hope to accomplish? So, before you run out and spend tons of money on something that may or may not pan out, how much better off will you be if you prove she is guilty of an adulterous relationship? In NC, if the DEPENDENT spouse is guilty of adultery, that is a bar to alimony. Only if you are the supporting spouse will it make any difference. If that is the case, then by all means proceed. However, my ex was guilty of adultery and was the supporting spouse. I received alimony, but it was minimal. In the great scheme of things, adultery just doesn’t matter. And don’t let anyone tell you anything differently! Divorce is nothing but a division of property. The lawyers are there to get their share. All this garbage about private investigators is mumbo jumbo. And a GREAT WASTE of money, time, and effort. Get your head on straight and don’t let emotions rob you blind. I know what I am talking about!

As long as both of you are in North Carolina you can record the conversation as long as you are a party to it.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780

ROSEN.COM

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I do not feel that my wife is quilty of infidelity, but I do not know for sure. She moved out and is living with an older woman. The problem is that a man she has been known to have many conversations with lives in that same house. The older woman is his mother. any advice or commentsw?