I would think your attorney could bring that to the courts attention. It you have proof, you could ask that the court state the penalty. Hopefully the attorney will answer this because I don’t know if there is a set penalty or if it is up to the judge to dole out depending on the circumstance. I would think that if it’s an intentional lie it would be different than if someone just did not remember exactly…
It would show that the ex is not honest and may have the court rethinking a decision and/or looking more closely at his testimony.

I no longer have an attorney. Long story short, we went to trial in July of '06 but came to a mutual agreement before the judge ruled. We have four children together, we agreed he would pay &800/mo child support as well as half of all other expenses. He has refused to pay child care expenses for our youngest saying it’s not his fault I have to work. He is living now with his second girlfriend in less than 1 year, where my kids (all four of them, together, a 10 year old boy and his 3 younger sisters)now sleep on this woman’s couch because he refuses to get a place for them. This has been going on since June. Court had been continued for all those months because my attorney was ‘unable to find him’ to serve him with papers and then has other criminal cases which took precident over mu civil matter. When my attorney attempted to continue this last court date, which was November 6, I told him (stupidly) that I would go myself, I did not want my kids to have to spend another night on this woman’s couch. So with no representation I went in and plead for my kids. The judge told my ex because he is a man, she would make an exception for him. She told him men are not as good as women are at doing certain things and told him to “try to get beds for the kids so they feel at home”. She refused to increase child support or to have him pay back child care expenses due to his lies about those expenses. So I really am doing this all on my own between trying to raise my 4 kids and now having to work full time. Thank you for any help or guidance you can give.

Unfortunately, this question is one that requires a consultation and a review of the specific facts of your case and a review of the court documents.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Is there any way to hold an ex accountable for perjury when i have written proof of multiple lies he told at court? Thanks.