Please tell me what I can do

I went to see an attorney today, but she told me there was nothing I could do. Here’s my situation.

  1. Divorce judgment entered in 2005.
  2. Judge was biased and prejudiced against me. He retired in 2009. I could not go to Court before his retirement because when I tried, he shot everything down and I could not get a different judge.
  3. My income has never reached the Court’s projections. Down by 25,000 per year.
  4. This attorney told me there was nothing I could do at this point. That I’ve waited too long and if I’ve managed this long on what I have, the Court would not reconsider. It was impossible for me to spend money that I do not have and I had to reduce my lifestyle considerably.
  5. She had no idea why the child support was set as it was. Said the only thing I could possibly modify would be the child support and not the alimony and no big deal now since the child support will only last for less than two years. Told me I would be in a world of hurt when the child support ended.
  6. Told me I needed to find a better job. I’m 55 and did not work outside the home for most of the 21 year marriage.
  7. She said that since I’ve managed this long on a reduced income, the Court would not reconsider. She said I’d have to prove I needed the amount the Court projected. Once again, there is no way I can spend what I didn’t have.
  8. She said that I really got screwed.
  9. If this is not true, is there anyone at Rosen Law Firm who can practice in Wayne County?


I hate to say it, but I agree with what the attorney you visited said. We do not practice in Wayne county.