Post Separation Support


I have been separated from my husband for 5 months. I am currently unemployed and he was the sole provider in our relationship. I am wondering if I have to hire an attorney to file for post separation support, or if I can do this on my own. I am financially unable to afford representation at this time. I was made to leave our home when we separated and all I am seeking is post separation support. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You are certainly entitled to file for post-separation support on your own, as a pro se litigant. I would familiarize yourself with the local rules in your county prior to filing. We also offer a service you may be interested in; you can get access to a library of legal forms and communicate with an attorney through our Rosen Online Service. This service only costs $199/month, and you can stop and start as you please.