Pro Se and Subpoenas


I am Pro Se. Can I send a subpoena for records to an investment advisory firm who has my spouse’s investment records, or do I have to get an approval from a Judge to do that?

Thank you.


The clerk of court will issue subpoena’s in pro se matters.


Attorney Clarey-Do I have to request the court do this? Is there a form I file to request this??

Thank you.


You need to speak to the clerk and ask for a Subpoena. You will then need to fill in the required information and have the clerk sign the Subpoena.