PSS and Alimony

Spouse is abusive, alcoholic. I want him out but I am a dependent spouse with health issues. If I have him removed by calingl the police when he is being drunkenly abusive, how would I go about getting spousal support ASAP? I would need alimony too. Been married over 20 yrs. I’m on disability. What do you advise me to do? How long would I have to go without PSS before it would be granted? Thanks.

If you have him removed and seek a protective order, you can ask for spousal support when you go to court for the return hearing. You will need to show your financial needs at that hearing as well as his ability to pay. You will also be ready to file a full claim for PSS and alimony immediately.

Thank you, Kathleen. I feel better knowing what to expect!