Recalc Child Support

Dear trosier:

Greetings. Yes, you can subpoena her records without an attorney IF you have an ongoing action, which I doubt you do. If child support is set pursuant to a court order, you will need to file a Motion to Modify the same. You must be careful though, as there are rules which pertain to when and how often you can recalculate child support. An increase in her wages may not be enough. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My ex-wife will be obtaining a new job in the near future with, I think, a substantial increase in income. I am also paying for summer child care that was not included in the original CS calculations. Can I, without a lawyer, subpoena her income records, etc? Using this web site’s CS calculator, I would prefer not to pay lawyer fees until I know if it would be worth it. And if I have the figures entered into the Calculator, she may be in agreement to change CS without a lawyer.