Recalculate child support adding more kids from a marriage after divorce

I currently have a child support order. My ex wants to recalculate on the basis he has remarried and has two more kids with his new wife. Can he add the new kids I found they are biologically his to lower his amount owed?
Also my oldest son is in a Middle College High School program where he takes classes at both levels. His father wants to discontinue child support on the grounds he has enough credits to graduate. The custody order states it ceases at high school graduation. Can he stop paying even though he has not graduated high school? Would a judge over rule the agreement that says graduates high school?

Your ex can include new children as a deduction to his gross income however, having additional children cannot be the sole basis to modify a child support order.

Child support as to your oldest son terminates when he completes his fourth year of enrollment or turns 18, whichever is later, assuming he is enrolled in a “cooperative innovative high school program.”

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.