Refuse to get a divorce


My husband refuses to get a divorce, I have 2 babies and we are very very unhappy. I know that leaving the house is not a good idea for many reasons , but I can’t live with this guy anymore and he doesn’t want to go…
I was reading a lot about some options an the only one that might work for me is use the bed and board option since we have been experiencing strong fights with verbal abuse, no physical abuse though.
If a leave the house with my children should I take immediate legal action under bed and board option in order to protect myself for abandonment ? I have the feeling that I can only take a drastic decision because with him it is impossible to have an agreement and we are living in hell. Not fair for my children… We don’t have money to start a fight in court, but something big has to happen and I don’t know what to do… please advise.


Yes, you may need to consider filing a court action against your husband for divorce from bed and board (fault based), equitable distribution, child custody, child support, and alimony/post-separation support.

To be considered abandoning your spouse, you must have left without justification, without the consent of the other spouse, and without the intent of renewing the cohabitation. If you cannot continue the marital relationship without safety, health, and self-respect, then you would be justified in leaving and would therefore not be abandoning your husband.


The best thing that you can do right now is to consult a goo attorney who will tell you what are your options and how you should proceed further. Bed and board is a good option too, but you’ll a need an experienced lawyer to fight you case, When I had similar problem some time back, my friend told shared some details about this renowned attonery (Mr. Bechara Tarabay, ), so I sought legal help from him and he handled my case really well!