Relinquishing Parental Rights

Can a man/husband choose to sign his rights over to his children if he does not want to be their dad or care to have really anything to do with them? My soon to be ex has stated several times that when we split we wants to sign his rights over and I’m okay with that, I think it would be best for all of us. If he can do that, how would we go about the process? Thank you!

You would need to petition the court to terminate his parental rights and the court would have to find the termination in the best interests of the children. Terminating his rights would also eliminate his obligation to pay child support as well.