Rights of Child!

Dear Tammy:

Greetings. No, not unless both parties agree.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you so much for your answer to my post.

So, what you are saying is, if I agree not to receive child support for my child and the other parent wants to give up his rights just to keep from paying child support, we can do this. Will judges in this state sign this agreement between both parties? Will he have to pay any child support for the past months that he DID NOT support his child?

Thank you!

Dear Tammy:

Greetings. There are limited circumstances when a parent’s rights to the minor child are terminated. I would personally avoid those like the plague. I think that your better option is to file for child support. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hello;
Could you please tell me if a parent can give up their rights to their child, just to keep from paying child support, including back time?

Thank you so much for your answer.