School change



You already know that she is in violation. File a motion to show cause now for the current breaches and immediately when she enrolls the child incorrectly. You may also be able to see the judge “ex parte” about the issue. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I have temporary primary custody and I change my sons school and in the court order I have tie breaking authourity. we do not agree on the change, and school starts next Friday 8/12 is she violating the court order if she doesn’t have him at the school I enrolled him in( she know the school I enrolled him in) During her visitation time I have not been able to contact her,and she doe not return my e-mails, she has taken her home voice mail off and I leave messages at her employment but get no response, (this is her 2 week vacation time with him)so is she in violation of the court order because it states that both parties should be able to communicate with the child while the other parent has him?