Secret divorce

i found out two days ago that my husbands girlfriend has hired an attorney in another county and started divorce proceedings without me knowing about so i cant respond within 30 days and then i will get served and the divorce will be final, can he do that we have a minor child and a existing custody agreement and we both reside in the same county. she did this about a week ago as i have 24 days left thanks

Your husband’s girlfriend cannot file a complaint for absolute divorce against you.

If your husband filed for divorce, you will have 30 days from the time you are served to provide your answer. The 30 day time period for your answer starts as soon as you are served, not when summons is issued. If you have not been served yet, the 30 days for response has not begun.