Self Representation


Where can one go to find information about self representation? My wife currently has a lawyer and I do not. I would like to be as prepared as I possibly can.


If your spouse has filed suit and your case is being litigated you should check with your county clerk of court to determine if there is a self help center to aid pro se litigants. In the event you case is not in litigation and you are attempting to settle out of court, this website has a wealth of information on the laws in North Carolina.

Either way, I would advise that you speak with an attorney prior to signing anything, or before any scheduled court hearing.