Separation and division of property

You always have the option of seeking a court ordered division of yor property but I suspect that the costs will outweigh the benefits you might obtain.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

We separated 2 days before Christmas. I understand that it is not necessary to file separation papers if there is no joint property or children. However, my husband is screwing me. He has taken almost everything of any real value and is now saying he will not return my tax money because I “owe” him money for bills. We had an agreement, not written (stupid I know) before we were married that I would be responsible for my car, my car insurance and my credit cards while I was in school. Now he wants me to pay for the other stuff he was responsible for. I have already given him some money. Another thing, in august were were attempting to purchase a house. I gave him $2000 from a school loan. ~400 was to pay his car payment while the remaining was to stay in his savings account as a down payment on the house. My name was not on that account, I have no idea where the money was used for and I also know that there is none left.