Abondonment or not

You can seek alimony and property distribution and, if you have children, child support and custody. Now is the time to get a good lawyer. Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have been married for 25 years and my husband was activated. A month and a half ago, he called and said he filed for “legal seperation to cover himself”. He took all the monies, closed our account and transfered his check into a seperate account. He says he cannot give me any money till he gets his bills taken care of. Now he wants me to “sell” part of our property to pay his bills off. I have not received papers yet. What can I do.