Seperated or Legally Seperated

You can date anyone you want
You can not “legally” have sex until your divorce is final.

Your behaivior during seperation can impact your alimony claim so the best thing to do is sit tight and wait till the divorce is final before you start to date. Use the time to get some help dealing with the changes and the abuse you sufferred so that you can hopefully not make the same mistakes again.

jnewman

quote:
[i]Originally posted by jnewman[/i] [br]You can date anyone you want You can not "legally" have sex until your divorce is final.

“legally”- is this for real?

Car Hire Moscow
- Hostels worldwide

My husband and I been seperated on or about July 24, 2006. Due to alcohol and drug problems our home became his combat zone. On or about July 24, 2006 he injured me to the extend that I had no answers about how to help him. It was clear that I had to help myself and my 15 year old son. The judge determined that I needed a DVPO. After almost an entire year, today he is finally signing the Equitable Distribution Consent Order. Alimony is the only outstanding issue that needs to be resolved. My question is what is the difference between being “legally seperated” and “post seperation”? If a person is legally seperated that person is allowed to date, however if there is a post seperation with a DVPO, it appears as if I am just hanging in limbo until the divorse. Exactly what can I do or can not do regarding dating? I don’t understand the difference.

Diane R.Gardner