Seperation agreement needed?

Dear elismom:

Greetings. Wow - what a mess. He is entitled to his separate property and half of the property bought during the marriage - no matter what he did with the cell phone and utilities. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband and I had a verbal agreement on splitting property in the home if he would not disco utilities (all in his name only). We have no mortgage, no 401k, no retirement or anything like that. He turned my cell phone off 2x on Sat and I found out he had disco notices on all my utilties so the verbal agreement is off. I saw an attorney yesterday, she said I did not need a seperation agreement, he is entitled to nothing. Is this true??? Now he has signed power of atty over to his parents and they are sueing me for his things. Can he and they do that??? Will a judge let them take things out of my home?? He moved out!!