My husband has moved out of our home. We started a Seperation Agreement but he is refusing to sign it. He has been emtionally, verbally and physically abusive to me. I had a protective order in the spring and i dropped it because he agreed to counseling. Well months later no change. And a few weeks ago he packed up and left. I need to know what should I do now? Is him leaving abandonment? I currently do not have any money for an attorney but I do see the need to do something legally to protect me and my child. HELP!

You need to file an action for Child Custody, Child Support, Alimony, Post Separation Support, Attorney’s fees and Equitable Distribution in the immediate future.

If you are a dependant spouse you can seek an award of attorney’s fees from the court. I recommend you meet with a lawyer in your area as soon as possible.