Soon to be ex is now out of state

Hi, thanks for providing this resource!

I’ve been separated for 5 years, financial/child stuff (daughter is 17 now) done for 4 years, and I am ready to get the paperwork finalized. The issue is that my ex moved to SC last year and the online forms I have found for no fault all seem to have North Carolina hard typed into the forms. Do I need to do anything special since she now lives in SC?

Thanks again!

Is this a difficult question to answer? Does it get that complicated?

As long as you still live in North Carolina you may file for absolute divorce here. You may simply edit the forms to show that your spouse is a resident of South Carolina and ensure she is served properly by certified mail.

thank you so much!

You are welcome. I wish you the best.