Spousal Support Payment

My ex shorted me $95 from his monthly payment of $2295.00 for spousal support. I have asked him nicely to please pay me what he owes me at least four times. While I agree that this is a small amount, I need the money and there is a principle involved. What recourse do I have? Wouldn’t it cost me far more to try to pursue this? Do you have any suggestions as to how to get him to pay this? Can I write a letter to the judge rather than involving attorneys and court appearances? Thanks. Sara

If your alimony award is set forth in a court order, then your recourse is to file a motion for contempt. If it is in a separation agreement, you’ll have to sue him for breach of contract.