Spouse Eviction

Unfortunately, the law does not provide for any type of “spouse eviction.” The best way for you to handle this is to file for a divorce from bed and board, giving the court some compelling reason (like you are the primary caregiver for your children) to do an interim distribution of the house to you. The fact that the house is solely in your name will definitely help.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax
email: sstanback@rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I need some advise on how to get my spouse out of the house. The home is in my name alone, I am soley responsable for all bills. I do not want to move myself and lose the home. I cannot afford to move and continue to pay my mortgage…Any suggestions?