Spouse New Income

I was recently separated as of July 8. It was brought to my attention that my husband was in the process of getting a decent size raise that he did not disclose during discussions of child support and alimony. My husband was able to get his employer to make his new salary notification after July 8 but his new salary was effective July 1 (prior to separation).

Would I be able to request that the child support and alimony be renogiated since my husband did not disclose his new income?

Yes, you can ask for those things to be renegotiated based on your new information, however it may not be worth it. You would have to show that there is a substantial change of circumstances to warrant a modification, and unless the raise was very large, it may not qualify.

Yes, you can ask for those things to be renegotiated based on your new information, however it may not be worth it. You would have to show that there is a substantial change of circumstances to warrant a modification, and unless the raise was very large, it may not qualify.