My Boyfriends ex wife has a son that still comes to our house. He is 14 years old. The boys father is paying child support already, but I am wondering if his ex wanted to get child support from my boyfriend for her son, would she be able to since he is infact continuing to play the fatherly role. The boys father is still in his life, just not as often because he is gay. Also, if he comes over and my b/f does or says something that her son doesnt like and he goes and tells her, how much trouble could she get him in since the boy is not his child at all by blood or by marriage any more. My boyfriend never adopted her son but he did in fact change the boys last name to his.