Subpoena employer records

Can I do both, subpoena information about severance pay and file motion to compel discover, in case I don’t get the information from the employer about severance pay. I have the information to send subpoena to registered agent, but the person who gave me the information said it was up to them whether they send that information or not.

You may file your motion to compel the information from your ex, and in the meantime, send a subpoena to the employer for the payroll records.