Supervised visits not used

Were these visitations court ordered specifically to be at this place or just court ordered to be supervised. It’s possible that the initial visitations were to take place at this place and then move to being in either his home or a relatives home, which is why you are to provide a list of people who you are comfortable supervising.

I would think that if they were court ordered specifically at this place then the judge would have knowledge that they have not taken place. Or the attorney would bring it to the courts attention. If he is not taking the necessary or court ordered measures to visit his child I do not think that the courts would award a more liberal visitations…

When you ask what could happen, are you asking if they will stop the visitations…change the visitations…?

It is not your responsibility to make him exercise visitation. Make sure that you have done everything you need to do to get set up with the supervised visitation center and make the kids available once he gets set up to do this. If he has exercised no visitation when you go to court, the court will not look favorably on that.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I was basically looking for what people think the judge may do. I know no one knows for sure but I thought someone might have been through this.

As for the list I had already planned on asking the judge to leave it as is because he has molested his adopted child before. Some of his family had said that the wife done it and he loved her enough to go to court for her. Then on the other side I wouldnt want anyone to take something innocent and make it major. I figure once the child is old enought to know what the truth is and a lie then supervised outside of a confined structer might work.

It has been over 3 weeks and the weekend visit he could have had is now gone. they can’t “hold” spots open because so many parents are on a waiting list I won’t be able to do weekends now because I have a grandchild due and my oldest is moving out of state plus my oldest son has LOTS of scout stuff on the weekend. His other sister use to help when she could be she will be going to college in the fall and wont be around to help me.

Thanks for both responses…

We went to court. My ex was awarded visitatin every weekend. They are to be supervised and at a place called Harmony House. It has been almost 2 weeks and he has not even bothed to call to set these up. His attorney told the judge he was concerned about the cost. (he is remarried, have a 8 month old and the WIFE, not him, got a loan to buy their house they are in now) The spot we were suppose to get is now gone because they can not hold spots.

We are suppose to go to court again in May. Then we are each suppose to bring a list of people that we feel comfortable supervising. I had already planned on asking for it to stay there because of his conviction of child sexual assault (child was 4/5 at the time) and the child is only 2 1/2 years old and he has not seen him in 17 months.

What COULD happen when we go back in front of the judge especially since he is not calling to set up visits?