Support

I have a question,

My wife has asked for a separation and divorce, which after some time I have agreed to. I have agreed to let her stay in the house since her and our children are settled. My question is this:

I have agreed to pay the mortgage, all house related expenses, our kids schooling (private), her credit cards. What else would I be required to pay her, I am afraid I will have nothing left after alimony and child support. I cannot afford to sell the house, is it enough that I am paying all the bills for her and the kids to live here, as well as their education?

I feel your pain…and am in much the same boat, I think.

I know that doesn’t help you much. But what seems so disturbing is that a wife can just decide, for no substantial reason, that she wants a divorce and the husband has to pay for everything.

I could see how it would be different if the husband was having extramarital affairs or abusing the wife, or doing something else. But for the wife to just up and say she wants out without a cause,…that isn’t justice.

I don’t know about other men, but I sure feel like the victim in this situation.

Good luck. Hang in there.

If you are ordered to pay alimony your wife would be responsible for the bills and household expenses, which she would pay from her alimony and child support income.