Tax Return issues

In filing income tax, does it matter who files what when there is a divorce if both parties names are on the documents?? My ex claimed the interest income on our 2 rental properties and is letting me do the income on our primary home. Is all this ok as long as it is all taken care of one way or the other? Also there is a forecloseure involved AND he said he took care of that on HIS tax return and I would not have to. I just want to make sure all of this is legal. Thanks!

You may claim the interest on the house that you are currently residing in. I would speak to your tax preparer to clarify your tax-related issues.