Temporary child support

Dear sam38:

Greetings. The money usually goes to the clerk of court or child support enforcement agency and will then be paid directly to the parent. It may go directly to the parent though if no child support enforcement agency is involved. Tell your friend to PAY NOW and avoid paying attorney fees at court also.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you so much for your quick reply…especially on a Monday!!

I have been trying to get this friend to pay child support for months now. You know he really thinks his attorney can get him OUT of paying back child support, OH YEA!! He has never paid a dime to support this child in 22 months. The attorney his has employed was his bankruptcy attorney after he and his wife separated. This attorney is not a family attorney. His now ex. has a good family attorney, or so everyone says. He is going to get fried!! Oh Well!!!

Are you saying that he may have to pay his ex.'s attorney fees? Is this usually the way the courts in N.C. work?

Thank you and have a good Monday!!!

Yes…I think that he may have to pay her attorney fees, since attorney fees are awardable in North Carolina for child support and he has not made a good faith effort to pay anything. I hope her attorney has requested them and remembers to ask for them at court.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hi:

My friend is going to court for temporary child support, soon. The parent has not paid any monies to support the child for 22 months. We would like to know if the parent pays child support on the court date, who does the money go to at that time? Does it have to go thru the clerk of courts or to the attorney? No child support enforcement agency is involved here.

Thank you.