Termination of parental rights

So the man who signed my child’s birth certificate and is order to pay child support I honestly do not believe he is the father. The man who signed the birth certificate will not let my currant husband adopt. He has not seen my child in 5 years nor spoken to her. What can I do to get the stepparent adoption done? Especially if he’s actually not the father?

I would suggest you hire an attorney to help you with this process. First, you’ll need to have the man’s name removed from the birth certificate, which may require a paternity action if he refuses to do this willingly. The office of vital records provides information about changing a birth certificate. Only after you have addressed the issue of the birth certificate and child support order can you move forward with the adoption process.