Time Limits

If it has been six years since she filed for alimony and has not done anything with it, it is likely it will be dismissed for lack of prosecution. The order of the court remains in effect and she may move to enforce it. If you intend to appeal a child support order you must do so within 10 days of the date the order is entered.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com/live for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

My husband has been divorced for 6 years. There was an ED order in place. He has not been able to pay it due to medical issues, loss of employment etc… His ex has not come forth to collect on the ED, how long does the order stand? She also filed for alimony, the court has still not heard that case. Is it still valid?
When you want to appeal a child support order, what is your time frame to do so?[?]