Time to serve divorce papers

The sheriff has the divorce information but has not served the spouse as she is in and out of her apartment a lot. The question is can I sent her the divorce information by certified mail with a return receipt requested by the post office.

Yes, certified mail with return receipt requested is also an acceptable way to serve a defendant with a complaint. You may want to give the sheriff’s office a list of times that your spouse is at her apartment (if you know) so that they have a better chance of catching her at home.