My husband and I are separated, but there haven’t been any legal papers drawn up yet. We have four children and he has now been unemployed for 1.5 years. I have gone back to work full-time and currently pay everything for the children, as his unemployment has now run out (prior to that he gave me some of his unemployment money). The kids live with me 100% of the time, right now. What type of child support am I likely to receive from him when he is unemployed? He works temp jobs but claims he can’t find anything else. I think it is time to get something in writing because all I hear is that he will give me money when he can, which is rare. We cannot pay our rent.

You will only receive a nominal amount of support unless you can show he’s unemployed in bad faith.