Use of Facebook during spearation

My wife and I have been separated since March of this year. Right after we made the decision, she changed her FB page to her maiden name and blocked me and my entire family. I received updates from friends saying that her status shows ‘In a relationship’ and her boyfriend (who lives with her) is mentioned many times. Is there anything that I can do from my side because I feel this is a disrespectful act but since I can’t view her FB page I can’t tell (although I suspect) that he was communicating with her before the separation.

Your wife can use her Facebook account how she pleases. However, if you suspect that she was having an affair during the marriage, then screenshots of her Facebook account may help you prove, along with other evidence, that she committed an act of illicit sexual behavior during the marriage. Your friends can take the screenshots for you if they are still “Facebook friends” with your wife.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.