Dear Hammer31:

Greetings. No, I would not advise that you take your ex back to court. If your ex does not want to see your child, you cannot force them to.

Yes, you may still have to let the child go in three (3) months. Until he stops coming for about 3-6 months, you are unlikely to have much success in modifying the court order.

You are right that the separation will affect your child. Your ex sounds very selfish. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My ex. has court ordered visitation. However, all of a sudden my ex. does not want to get the child every other weekend as ordered. The excuse, no money for transporation. I donot believe this, knowing the amount of money that my ex. makes. I think my ex. just does not want to be bother with our child.

My questions; Do I need to take the ex. back to court, if so, what usually happens? If my ex. wants to come get the child, say (3) months down the road, do I have to let the child go? The child is only two years old and has only been visiting with the other parent for about (9) months now, was just kind of bonding with the parent. I fear the separation is going to be upseting to the child.

Thank you for your answers.