He has the right to have visitation with his child. She can not keep him away. Unless there are other circumstances involved, the visitations should not be at her home. This is a controlling measure. He should consult an attorney and attempt to get joint legal and physical custody with equal time.

If he is not concerned with having equal time he can at least have his visitation to be at his residence. Pickup and drop off could be at a centralized location instead of either home and they can be shared.

She has no say in who he has around the child as long as the child is not in danger or being neglected. Another controlling attempt.

thank you for your reply… yes and i agree that it is a controlling issue. do you have any idea what he needs to do to get into a mediation with her… cause she isnot going to agree to anything voluntary.

Connie Hall

No, she does not get to make all the decisions regarding custody. If he is unable to agree with her regarding custody, he could file a lawsuit and ask for the court’s assistance.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

i have a friend that has a child with a woman that he had been seeing. he and the woman are not together anymore and the only time he can see his son is if he goes to her house and he has to stay there. what can he do as far as going to mediatiion to get more visitation so that he doesnt have to sit under her every sunday when he goes to visit his son. also she has told him that if he did get any kinda visitation that she would make sure that their son would not ever be allowed around one of his friends( female friend ). she does not like her. can she tell him who he can see or who he can take the child around on his visitation.

Connie Hall