Voluntary Wage Garnishment


Going to court in 2 weeks for a Motion of Contempt. I would like to have the child support taken from my wages, can this be done voluntarily? Is there anything special I need to do to get this to happen?
I currently pay my child support as I get paid, sometimes it is the last week of the month or the first week of the next. My stbx has issues with this, hence going to court. I would like to have it go through the state, so I know it is being paid and I won’t be dragged back into court. The cost of getting an attorney and having to pay for hers is getting riduculous. How can I get this done, ask the judge during the Motion of Contempt? Hire an attorney to draft paperwork? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.


Yes, you may ask the court to enter a wage withholding order at the hearing. The court will forward the necessary documents to your employer and wage withholding will begin in about a month. Until then you will need to pay support directly.