We want my name out of mortgage and deed before divorce

My wife and I live in North Carolina, wake County, we have been separated for more than 15 months now, we want to file for a simple divorce, the only significant property issue we have is the house, she’s keeping the house and we want to get my name out of the mortgage and the deed before we actually file, my wife was told she can get some forms from Staples to do this, does anyone know the name of the forms and/or this is a good idea?

Your wife needs to refinance the loan on the home in order to remove you from liability on the mortgage note. Her lender should prepare a Special Warranty Deed for you to sign which will release your ownership interest in the home at the time she closes on the new loan in her separate name.