What state can he file in?

He can seek a divorce in Texas once he has established the necessary period of residency. If you do get served, be sure to seek the advice of an attorney before you respond. In NC, it is important to resolve your financial issues incident to your separation prior to a judgment of divorce; such as your claims, if any, for spousal support, alimony and equitable distribution of assets and debts. Once a judgment of divorce is rendered certain rights are waived. An attorney can be certain that your rights and claims are preserved.

Deborah M. Throm
Rosen Law Firm
1829 E. Franklin Street, Bldg. 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.265.0017 direct
919.321.0780 main voice
Email: dthrom@rosen.com

4101 Lake Boone Trail
Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27607
919.256.1544 direct
919.787.6668 main voice

301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
704.644.2531 ext. 100

My soon to be ex is a TX resident and keeps threatening to file for divorce in TX because there is no waiting period.
Can he do this?